OPERF/ABC Resident Travel Award Program
The 2017 OPERF/American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics (ABC) Resident Travel Award Program supports prosthetics and orthotics residents travel to the 2018 American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (the Academy) Annual Meeting and Scientific Symposium (New Orleans, February 14 – 17, 2018) so that they may present their National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE) Directed Study Report or project. Travel Awards include a $2,500 cash prize. Up to four awards will be given annually.
- The resident must be currently involved in or have completed an NCOPE accredited residency within the last three years. You do NOT have to be a resident at the time of your presentation.
- The project must be relevant to the orthotics and prosthetics profession.
- Individuals are only eligible to receive this award once.
How to Apply
The submission must include the following components:
Complete your abstract (1-page maximum)
- The abstract should be developed and formatted using the template provided by the Academy in its Annual Meeting Call for Presentations
- The abstract must be submitted to the Academy by the date established for the Call for Presentations. A copy of the abstract must also be emailed to email@example.com.
Email a copy of the abstract to OPERF at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should indicate the following:
- That the abstract describes a resident's research project that is ongoing or that was completed in the last three years.
- That if accepted, the applicant agrees to present the research at the Academy Annual Meeting.
- That the applicant would like to be considered for the OPERF/ABC Resident Travel Award.
Applicants will receive e-mail confirmation of receipt of their application and will be notified in writing of the status of their application approximately two months after the Academy abstract deadline.
The following are key dates and deadlines for the 2017 OPERF/ABC Resident Travel Award Program. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are received by OPERF by the due dates.
- Applications due August 1
- Anticipated Award notification October 3
All requests for additional information may be addressed to: