Carlton Fillauer Prize for Outstanding Contribution
to Prosthetics Science and Practice
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation (OPERF) have established the Carlton Fillauer Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Prosthetics Science and Practice. This award, sponsored by the Fillauer Companies Inc., will recognize prosthetists who have actively engaged in clinical care, research, and publication. The $5,000 unrestricted cash prize will be presented biennially.
Ideal nominees or applicants are those who have a history of clinical care, scientific research, and peer-reviewed publication in the prosthetics profession.
To qualify for award consideration, applicants/nominees must:
- Be eligible to provide clinical care as a prosthetist within the United States (ABC or BOC certification is required)
- Have a minimum of ten years clinical experience as a prosthetist
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing the profession through membership in professional associations
- Have been actively involved in research directed at improving prosthetics science and clinical care over a period of five or more years
- Be an author or co-author in at least one article in a peer-reviewed journal, such as the Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics (JPO)
- Not be employed by or associated with a manufacturer or distributor of prosthetic devices
The recipient of the Carlton Fillauer Prize will be invited to make a brief presentation at the opening session of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists Annual Meeting and Scientific Symposium.
To apply, complete the application and submit to the address included by November 30th.
NOTE: OPERF will send an email confirmation to all applicants within a week after the submission deadline. Applicants should keep a copy of their original application submission email and are encouraged to contact OPERF if an email confirmation is not received within this time period. After one week from the deadline, any lost nominations will not be considered for the Prize.