Chester Haddan Scholarship Fund
About Chester Haddan
Chester Haddan, CPO was the first President of the American Board for Certification of Orthotists, Prosthetists & Pedorthists.
About the Scholarship
The Chester Haddan Scholarship Program provides grants to individuals who are pursuing an education in orthotics and prosthetics through an O&P practitioner program. Each year the program awards $1,000 to a deserving O&P practitioner program student.
Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited O&P practitioner program as well as meet all of the the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Display leadership qualities
- Contribute to their own education financially
- Provide a recommendation from someone currently working within the orthotic and/or prosthetic profession
How to Apply
Students may apply directly for the scholarship, or a professor may nominate them. To be considered for the award, students must submit the following:
- A completed application (form below)
- A letter of reference
- An official transcript from your current academic semester, and
- Choose one of the two topics presented on the application and write a 200-word essay.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31
Schools must send the official transcript by January 31 to email@example.com
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the Chester Haddan Scholarship, please contact the Academy at (202) 380-3663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.